Magma v1.8 (Newberry) has shipped!
Magma v1.8 has arrived! This is a significant release that centers on the enablement of multi-architecture containerized AGW to the market. The addition of new Arm partner systems to the test list has made this project accessible to Arm and x86 solutions. Big thanks to all the Magma community members and companies who helped in 1.8 Release activities!!
Check out the release notes for a detailed breakdown of new features: https://github.com/magma/magma/releases/tag/v1.8.0
Here is a summary of the major new features:
- Containerized AGW enablement on Arm architecture (Alpha)
- Extensive testing of 5G SA Fixed Wireless Access
- New enhanced security and QoS for 5G SA
- IPv4/IPv6 dual stack support on 5G core
LTE and 5G SA are tested on Arm partner devices outside of the Magma Test CI (To be integrated in Test CI in the future):
- Ampere Altra Server
- AWS Graviton 2
- Apple Mac mini M1
- Hawkeye HK-6050 and HK-6010
- Nexcom DTA-1376
- Sercomm BridgeColumn
- Solid-Run ClearFog